Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Wonderful Lady

I am blessed with the best family in the world! (At least from my perspective.) Included in this great group of people is someone who is very unique. When others are selfishly thinking of themselves, she is continually looking for ways to make others happy! This wonderful lady is my Aunt Lureeta. She means so much to me! She was unable to have children, but has always been like a second mother to me. I constantly slip and almost call her Grandma to my kids, probably because she loves them like grand kids. She called the other day and wanted to take my girls shopping for Easter dresses. She drove 40 minutes, just because she wanted them to choose their own. After she spoiled my girls, she met Kate and Kylee and shopped awhile longer.

Saturday, she brought the kids a cute craft to put together. Halley is in her element with these lollipop flower baskets! They turned out so cute! She is always helping me out in one way or another- from birthday cakes, to preschool crafts, to supplying new shoes or clothes for my kids, the list could go on and on! I just love her so much!

My mother-in-law said one time, "The world would be a better place if everyone had an Aunt Lureeta." I would have to agree, because I feel so lucky to have her in my life! I do think it runs in the family, because my Grandma Nelson was always putting others first. My mom and Aunt Carolyn are also great examples! Let's just hope my sisters and I can follow in the same amazing shoes.








No comments:

Post a Comment