Two years ago, I awoke to the worst labor pains ever at around 4:00 am. The night before, I was having a lot of contractions, just very irregular. I must have progressed a lot that night, because when I woke up I thought I was having the hardest labor so far. I told Trev, this time I may have to get an epidural, because they were hurting so bad. I had no idea at the time, that I was in transition and that is why they were so strong. It took me 3 contractions to get out to the car (I had to keep stopping to rock or just breathe) and the whole drive to the hospital was horrible.
We arrived at the hospital about 6:00 and the nurses were taking their time, so I tried to keep moving around. I should have told them how fast I progress when I am in full labor. We finally went into the room to get my gown on and check all my vitals, but I was really hurting. The contractions were coming hard and fast! I finally undressed and got the gown on, when I suddenly felt so much pressure and told Trev and the nurse she was coming. Trevor looked under the gown and saw Kennedy's head! The nurse told him to just pull out the emergency button, because they would respond faster that way. I was in complete shock, but the nurse was very calm and just said to carefully sit down, and I just pushed her the rest of the way out! Trevor ended up being the doctor and we thought about sending the hospital a bill for his services! I was so lucky we did not have her in the car on the way over! I found out later that that was the fastest time the nurses at the front had ever seen- from check-in to when I delivered her was only 24 minutes. As I think back, the memory is so surreal and I still cannot believe this is the way my baby came into the world!
Kennedy is such a sweetheart! She is a mama's girl and I am proud to say I am her favorite! She loves her big brothers and sisters and has so much fun with Regan especially! She has been climbing on everything since she was tiny and is quite a dare-devil! I am so grateful to have her in my life and a part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment